Executive Director – Hancock Historical Museum
The Board of Trustees for the Hancock Historical Museum (HHM) is currently seeking applicants for Executive Director, to serve and represent the museum in Findlay, Ohio. The HHM is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization that is tasked with preserving the rich heritage of Hancock County to honor the past and inspire the future. Since it was founded in 1970, the HHM has grown to become an important community asset and one of the most comprehensive organizations of its kind in the region.
The Executive Director is responsible for the efficient operations and the overall management and direction of the day-to-day functions of the museum. The Director serves as the face of the organization, with responsibility for the management of staff personnel, maintaining and enhancing vision and strategic plans, marketing the assets of the museum to the community, fiscal management, fundraising, and collaboration with the Curator and Archivist in acquiring, presenting, and preserving the museum’s collection.
Summary of Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Desired:
1) 5 Years of leadership experience, preferably in comparable institution or nonprofit organization
2) Fundraising experience, including campaigning, planned giving, special events, and cultivation/solicitation of donors, donor relations
3) Staff management experience
4) Fiscal management experience, including P&L, endowment investment, operational budget management
5) Board management experience, knowledge of governance practices and Board interaction processes and techniques
6) Project management experience, planning, executing, and completing short and long term projects
7) Media relations and Community Relations experience, comfortable and proficient at public speaking and community interactions
8) Planning, experience with developing and implementing tactical and strategic plans
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public history, historic preservation, museum studies, public administration, or complimentary area of study is required; and advanced degree is strongly preferred.